H: How is your house hunting going?
你找房子找得怎么样了?
L: Not very well. I haven't found anything within my price range yet.
不是太顺利。我还没找到我期望的价格范围之内的。
H: How much are you looking to spend?
你打算花多少钱租房子?
L: I can only afford about 300 pounds a month.
我只能租得起300英镑一个月的房子。
H: Looks like you're not going to get more than a bedroom in a shared flat with that.
看来你只打算跟人合租公寓,只打算要一个卧室了。
L: Really? That's a lot of money to pay for one room.
是吗?这些钱用来租一个房间已经很多了。
H: Well, if you want to live in London, you have to pay the prices!
唔,如果你想住在伦敦,你得出这个价才能找得到房子。
L: Do you know of anyone who needs a roommate?
你知道有谁需要室友吗?
H: I can ask around at work. Do you have a preference for smokers or non-smokers?
我可以在上班的时候帮你问问。你希望室友吸烟还是不吸烟?
L: I'd prefer non-smoking roommates, but I guess I'll have to take what I can get!
我想找个不吸烟的室友,但是我想我得接受我能得到的。
H: How long do you want to sign a contract for?
你想签多久的合同呢?
L: I can sign a contract up to a year. I don't know where I'll be after that.
我能签最多长达一年的。我不知道一年后我会在哪里。
H: Do you need a furnished or unfurnished apartment?
你需要带家具还是不带家具的公寓?
L: I don't have any furniture, so it'd be great if it were furnished.
我没有任何家具,所以房子能带家具就最好了。
H: You know that you'll have to pay utilities on top of the rent, right?
你知道你除了付房租还得另外付水电费吧?
L: No, I thought that would be included in the rent.
我不知道呀。我以为水电包括在房租里面。
H: It's not usually included, so you'll have to factor in about 100 pounds more each month for utilities.
实际上水电杂费并没有包括在房租里,所以你还得每个月准备100英镑付水电杂费。
L: I don't think I can afford that.
我认为我付不起那些。
H: Don't worry. Sometimes people will give you a discount if you promise to do the cleaning or take care of the children.
别担心。有时候,如果你帮忙打扫卫生或者照顾小孩,别人会给你一个折扣。
L: That's a good idea. I'll look into finding something like that.
好主意。我会注意看看是否能找到你说的那种事情。 |